MANILA, Philippines – The government’s COVID-19 task force has authorized point-to-point airplane travel for recreational purposes from NCR Plus areas to certain destinations, Malacañang said Friday.
In a statement, Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said the Interagency Working Group (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases “has approved and adopted the guidelines on point-to-point air travel for recreational purposes to from the NCR Plus zones ”developed by the Department of Tourism.
“Antayin po natin and abangan the DOT guidelines tungkol dito pero pupuwede na po pumunta to mga tourist spots pero point-to-point po yan,” Roque said.
(We are waiting for the directives of the DOT but we can now go to the tourist sites even if it will be point to point.)
Roque also confirmed to INQUIRER.net that point-to-point air travel is allowed even though NCR Plus remains under the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ).
According to guidelines obtained by INQUIRER.net from Secretary Bernadette Romulo Puyat, accommodation establishments in tourist destinations must obtain a certificate of authority to operate for point-to-point air recreation.
Establishments must obtain this certificate from the regional DOT office having jurisdiction over their region.
The requirements to secure this document are as follows:
- Letter of intent to operate in a point-to-point travel bubble
- Letter of approval or approval from the local government unit (LGU) having jurisdiction over the accommodation facility to accommodate NCR Plus guests
- Implementation plan or any presentation detailing the health and safety protocols implemented by the accommodation establishment from the place of origin of the hosts to the accommodation establishment, and vice versa (photos, map traffic management, demarcations)
- Implementation plan for managing guests and employees, when they test positive or develop symptoms for COVID-19
- In the event that the accommodation establishment does not have its own transport service, a copy of its contract (s) with the transport service provider (s) indicating that this transport is intended for the management and / or for the exclusive use of the accommodation establishment concerned.
To subscribe to INQUIRY MORE to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer and over 70 titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download from 4 a.m. and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.